Saturday, January 26, 2008

Raw Love!


It wasn’t easy, I could say because I was seeing this other boy from the neighborhood. We had just met, and dated for two weeks, so the next day while Thomas kept hovering around my Aunt’s house , the other boy was dying with jealousy outside the perimeter of the house. Thomas had access to the house because Aunt knew him. I couldn’t help it, he was the perfect guy. He knew all the right things to say, how to say them, and when to say them. I just drifted when I was with him. He was so grown up, not like me at all, or the other boy. But the other boy did not want to give me up, he would question me if Thomas had come around, yet I had told him off…that I couldn’t be his girlfriend. He went beserk and wanted to beat me up, on a certain Friday, Thomas heard of that, and told him to keep off. I don’t remember if that is how the boy, got out of my life but when I went back to boarding school, officially Thomas was my boyfie. Every girl in school would talk about him. He was extremely handsome as far as my eyes could see, and the whole town, knew that he was mine. The name Maxy, that was my nickname in school, and all the time I knew him, he only called me by that name Maxy. He called that name so much that it just stuck somehow. He would say Maxy this, Maxy that, Maxy …Maxy …Maxy….. I miss that so much. When someone loves you , you just know it. It withstands the test of anything. Then I had never even looked up the meaning of infatuation, didn’t know what love is…it was just…the feelings. Raw and clear.





No comments: